File Emblems (Folder Color Program?)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Thusspoke
Level 1
Level 1

File Emblems (Folder Color Program?)

Post by Thusspoke »

Software: linuxmint-20.1-cinnamon-64bit
Hardware: MSI Laptop GT Series GT780DXR
Problem: File emblems

Switched from Ubuntu to Mint. Loving it so far. Used the program Folder Color in Ubuntu to change folder colors AND to mark off folders and files with important, finished, in-progress, etc. Out of the box Mint allows me to change folders colors with a right click which is great. And I can mark folders with emblems by right clicking properties > emblems. However, I cannot get "marks" or emblems to appear on files. When I try to set emblems on files it just makes the icon slightly smaller but you cannot see any emblem or mark.

I tried to install the Folder Color program I had used in Ubuntu but when I went to install it said it was already installed. I have no right click options when trying to label files. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Thusspoke

Return to “Newbie Questions”