Wake from suspend not freeing memory

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
rat in a cage
Level 1
Level 1

Wake from suspend not freeing memory

Post by rat in a cage »

I've had some problems with suspend before (some memory corruption or something error occured...i don't remember anymore).
I recently discovered that my RAM memory used is growing each time i return from suspend (for example first 700 mb used, than 900, than 1.2 gb...) so i think mint isn't freeing memory when returnig from suspend. anyone knows how to fix it? :(

lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Wake from suspend not freeing memory

Post by lagagnon »

Are you positive it is not just "caching" rather than freeing? What I would do is completely reboot the system. Then open a terminal and type "free > my_memory.txt". Then try suspend a few times as you did in the past and do this after each un-suspend operation : "free >> my_memory.txt". Then post the output of "cat my_memory.txt" to this thread and we can analyze your memory situation for you.

Return to “Newbie Questions”