[SOLVED] Adding "links" to desktop or panel.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tropical
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Adding "links" to desktop or panel.

Post by Tropical »

How can I manually add a link on the desktop or panel, to run a software?

For example:
I just downloaded and unzipped the Mozilla folder, and want to add a link on the Panel to the run file.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
User details:
non-native English speaker

System details:
Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon
Kernel 5.11.0-36-generic
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Adding "links" to desktop or panel.

Post by spamegg »

Mint comes with Firefox, doesn't it? Why did you download and unzip some Mozilla thing? What is it that you are trying to run exactly?
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Right click on the desktop 'create a new launcher here...'
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Tropical
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tropical »

spamegg wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:14 am Mint comes with Firefox, doesn't it? Why did you download and unzip some Mozilla thing? What is it that you are trying to run exactly?
I installed Brave and removed Firefox, then needed Firefox again, some websites detect the ads blocker.
User details:
non-native English speaker

System details:
Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon
Kernel 5.11.0-36-generic

Return to “Beginner Questions”