Issue LM 20 Cinnamon on Thinkbook 15

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
melvinos
Level 1
Level 1

Issue LM 20 Cinnamon on Thinkbook 15

Post by melvinos »

Hi

I have just installed a fresh Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon on a Lenovo Thinkbook 15 laptop.

Whenever I am closing the lid of the laptop, the laptop does not go in Suspend mode (sleep mode).

The Power Management settings are for it to go to Suspend when closing the lid.

I checked the forum and there was a command acpi_listen i believe, but i did that in the terminal and got nothing from it when closing down the lid and re-opening the lid.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
SMG
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Issue LM 20 Cinnamon on Thinkbook 15

Post by SMG »

Welcome to the forum, melvinos.

There is hardware as well as software which activates to have lid closure put a laptop to sleep. Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.

A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.1 Cinnamon.

Return to “Newbie Questions”