Automatic login after x seconds even if it's disabled in the settings

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Mistful
Level 1
Level 1

Automatic login after x seconds even if it's disabled in the settings

Post by Mistful »

Hi,

I'm a noob when it comes to Linux, and I've been using Mint for about a month or so. I've never experienced this issue before, but I typically leave my computer in sleep mode overnight, since I want to be able to quickly continue where I left off the previous day. Today, I woke up my computer, and I did not interact with the computer for around 10 seconds or so, and then suddenly I was logged in without even touching the keyboard. I looked in the settings(login window -> User -> Automatic login), but that field is blank, and I never set it to any value in the past. This is the first time I experience this issue, so I don't know if it was just something temporary or if it might occur again in the future.

Otherwise Mint is great :)
Thank you.

Return to “Newbie Questions”