how to download direct links in mint?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
nadir
Level 3
Level 3

Re: how to download direct links in mint?

Post by nadir »

i downloaded your link by clicking on it, like i allways do. As far i know i aint got no software/tools for it. Whats the problem? ( i once had download-helper for firefox, but i never used it). Nice music, you got some more links :-) Perhaps check for gwget...not sure about that.
greetings
Old Marcus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Old Marcus »

Right click 'Save Link As' then save to wherever you want.
Linux Mint 8 RC1 = Nice
'apt install' can be used on Linux Mint as a shortcut for 'sudo apt-get install'. 'apt x' can be used for various other apt commands as well.
When a problem is solved, please add [SOLVED] to your thread title.
dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Post by dawgdoc »

snehangshu wrote:Suppose i want to download http://downloads.mediamobiles.org/bolly ... Allah__.[b]mp3[/b]

....and download manager/accelerator is available like DAP(for windows) in Mint?
Seeing that this is a mp3 file, Rhythmbox has DAAP/DAPP ? functionality under the File menu.
SYSTEMS:
HP 15-bw0017cl -- Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Compaq Presario CQ62 -- Mint 17 Cinnamon (support for 80 y/o family members 1st install)
READING:
The Secret of the Ninth Planet by Donald A. Wollheim

Return to “Newbie Questions”