Remove "Favorites" from nemo tree view in LM20.1

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GS3
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Remove "Favorites" from nemo tree view in LM20.1

Post by GS3 »

roblm wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:26 pmHere is a method to change that folder without needing to edit and re-compile the Nemo source code. The program Poedit needs to be installed and the Nemo source code still needs to be downloaded. The icon can be changed by replacing the xapp-user-favorites.svg icon in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/places.
I am not inclined to go to so much trouble for this but I did replace the icon with a plain grey square so now the stupid yellow star is gone and for me that is 50% of the aggravation right there.
Please do not use animated GIFs in avatars because many of us find them distracting and obnoxious. Thank you.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

It's strange that no one has come forward yet who finds the favorites in the Tree View great and indispensable...

There doesn't seem to be any demand for the feature - may we hope for deletion of the same?
marts123
Level 2
Level 2

Post by marts123 »

Totally agree with all the above.
I mentioned it a month or so back...

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=341544&p=1964539#p1964539

I think Ive removed 95% of the new programs that come with mint. I wish there was a basic, no frills version..
Compared with Apple or MS though, we can count ourselves lucky..

Return to “Beginner Questions”