Menu Button HEEELLP!!!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
pluraldave
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Menu Button HEEELLP!!!

Post by pluraldave »

What do you mean by "install"? You don't install buttons for the mintMenu, you just tell the mintMenu where on your computer the button image is.
I think you might need to provide us with a link to what you downloaded and any instructions you followed to try to install it.

To set a mintMenu icon:

Right click the mintMenu button > Preferences
In the "Main button" tab change the path in "Button icon"
The default value is /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.png
pluraldave
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pluraldave »

That is for gnomenu. Mintmenu and gnomenu are completely different things.

If you want that image you will have to extract the archive (if you haven't already) and then set the mintmenu to use the themepreview.png image. (However it will be confined within the borders of the panel. If you want it exactly how it is supposed to be then you will have to install and use gnomenu instead of mintmenu.

If you want Mint artwork then the mint art site is a good place to start. This might be the sort of thing you are looking for.
rippedcb
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rippedcb »

Do you want to change the whole MENU or just the picture/icon of the menu? i've changed my icon see the very last image on this page:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=990
if you are looking to just do something like that.. all you need to do is right click on the current menu icon, preferences -> and change the path of the current icon to where you have downloaded your icon to.. simple as that..
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.
~Alice Roosevelt Longworth ~

Return to “Newbie Questions”