[solved] Pic Does anyone know what this warning is about?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
ozzy24
Level 2
Level 2

[solved] Pic Does anyone know what this warning is about?

Post by ozzy24 »

What is "authenticated software?" Is it safe to install that stuff? Originally I wanted to install DeVeDe and apparently there's other software that's supposed to be installed with it? I'm confused?
may be i'm just paranoid
Last edited by ozzy24 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Does anyone know what this warning is about?

Post by lagagnon »

I've never worried about that warning - it just means the package has not yet been authenticated by the Ubuntu powers-that-be. Go for it.
ozzy24
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Does anyone know what this warning is about?

Post by ozzy24 »

lagagnon wrote:I've never worried about that warning - it just means the package has not yet been authenticated by the Ubuntu powers-that-be. Go for it.
That being said I'll prolly DL it anyway, but it wouldn't be there without good reason. Would it? Though I don't like the idea of the OS (whatever OS it may be) telling me I could be exploiting my computer by downloading something that's not been "authenticated."

Return to “Newbie Questions”