Linux Mint confusion

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint confusion

Post by chazb »

Linux Mint Community and Forum. I came here from the Community is there a link here back to the Community? When I log into one do I log into the other or does it require different passwords.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Linux Mint confusion

Post by JoeFootball »

chazb wrote: I came here from the Community is there a link here back to the Community?
https://community.linuxmint.com
chazb wrote: When I log into one do I log into the other or does it require different passwords.
They are two separate systems with separate credentials.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by chazb »

JoeFootball wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:52 pm
chazb wrote: I came here from the Community is there a link here back to the Community?
https://community.linuxmint.com
chazb wrote: When I log into one do I log into the other or does it require different passwords.
They are two separate systems with separate credentials.
So when I use the Linux Community>Hardware aspect of the site it doesn't seem to be working properly. So I complained in the chat room and was simply egnored.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

chazb wrote: So when I use the Linux Community>Hardware aspect of the site it doesn't seem to be working properly.
How so? What doesn't work? Note that if you search for a configuration that no one has entered (or doesn't otherwise exist), it won't return anything.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by chazb »

I am looking for a more up to date laptop and the Linux Mint Community site has a Hardware checker where one enters several different parameters, and that checker doesn't seem to be working. Either way I have given up on that site anyway as a waste of time.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

I tested this a bit and it seemed vto work.
https://community.linuxmint.com/hardware/search
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

chazb wrote: ... where one enters several different parameters, and that checker doesn't seem to be working.
It appears to be working for me. As I mentioned, if you attempt to search for a configuration that no one has entered or doesn't otherwise exist, it will understandably return nothing.
chazb wrote:Either way I have given up on that site anyway as a waste of time.
Best of luck to you.

Return to “Beginner Questions”