Taskbar freeze but some stuff still works...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NIaph
Level 1
Level 1

Taskbar freeze but some stuff still works...

Post by NIaph »

Hello there,

I made a dual boot Win 10 / Linux mint. I start with the grub to choose my OS.

On windows I have no issue at all. On Linux Mint after a few minutes the taskbar freeze using the mouse, but windows touch opens the taskbar, but then i cannot do anything! I always have firefox opened, and I can still use it. I can use the desktop icon if I use the keyboard but from the mouse it doesn't work... It's quite weird to describe. Could it be a hardware issue?

I'm a newbie so I'm a bit lost to solve this. Tell me what to do and I'll do it :)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Cyril
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Taskbar freeze but some stuff still works...

Post by 1000 »

Surely you read that you have to provide from terminal output of command

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxxxrz
You can also read.
https://linuxmint-troubleshooting-guide ... ation.html

Return to “Beginner Questions”