Alienware 15 r3 2.5 ghz crashing randomly after successful 20.1 Cinnamon install

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aquakey
Level 1
Level 1

Alienware 15 r3 2.5 ghz crashing randomly after successful 20.1 Cinnamon install

Post by aquakey »

I was able to successfully install Mint 20.1 64 bit Cinnamon on this Alienware laptop I was gifted, but it crashes randomly. Even after a few subsequent re installations and turning off secure boot. I am a total nube and have googled this topic and searched the forum here to no avail. Any advice or tips about what I might try to get it to run stably on this machine would be of great value. I can boot from usb and test the 20.1 all day long and it won't crash. I know this machine was built to run windows 10 and that dell does not support linux on this particular laptop so maybe there is some work around that I am just not "in the know" on. I genuinely appreciate any assistance that you are willing and able to provide.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Alienware 15 r3 2.5 ghz crashing randomly after successful 20.1 Cinnamon install

Post by zcot »

Hi aquakey, Welcome.

How about you show us your system info, as mentioned above in the pink box. Someone will likely see some useful diagnostics.

Return to “Beginner Questions”