Screen going black? new additional info-on the 19th @ 3:00 AM

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Screen going black? new additional info-on the 19th @ 3:00 AM

Post by Moem »

Richie, it seems like you posted this as a new topic instead of as a reply, and now it's not clear who you are talking to.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
yuretp
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Screen going black? new additional info-on the 19th @ 3:00 AM

Post by yuretp »

I have been getting the same thing over the last few days, mainly when playing games. I assumed it was a nvidia driver issue (no real evidence for this) for my 970. I had been on 460.56-0. I am on the open source driver now. I wondered briefly about the screen saver, although I had been using the mouse and keyboard for the games (Prey last time, via steam), so discounted it. I have just set the screen saver to 'never' turn on. I will see what happens.

Return to “Beginner Questions”