Two internal drives - 1 home second everything else - create a backup folder off /

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bdkdavid
Level 1
Level 1

Two internal drives - 1 home second everything else - create a backup folder off /

Post by bdkdavid »

Hi everyone,

I have linux mint with two 8 TB drives
one for my /home
two everything else

I would like to back up my home folder to the other drive

I would like to create a /backup folder and copy everything there.

Is there a better way? Where would I back up items?

Thank You,
everyone
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
manyroads
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Two internal drives - 1 home second everything else - create a backup folder off /

Post by manyroads »

Wow you have tons of space... ;)

Here's what I recommend.
Back Folder Group A (Drive A) ===> Folder Group A (Drive B)... you can do this for multiple USB Drives
Back Folder Group A (Drive A) ===> Remote Cloud Drive for Drive A ... I always do this because you really need to have your materials physically 'somewhere else' in case something happens to your primary location.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark
SwayWM, i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm
Professional Genealogist & Technologist
(http://eirenicon.org & http://many-roads.com)

Return to “Beginner Questions”