comreset failed errno 32

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

comreset failed errno 32

Post by chazb »

What is this (comreset failed errno 32) and is it something I should pay attention to?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: comreset failed errno 32

Post by spamegg »

Try turning off PC, unplugging and re-plugging the SATA connector on your drive. Also try running file system checks with fsck. You can boot into a GParted USB and run fsck from there.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Re: comreset failed errno 32

Post by chazb »

spamegg wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:53 pm Try turning off PC, unplugging and re-plugging the SATA connector on your drive. Also try running file system checks with fsck. You can boot into a GParted USB and run fsck from there.
I can see this is going to take a while, learning about fsck and GParted, and how to use them, not being a so to speak geek. It was a one time event so I shut down and rebooted, and the problem hasn't reoccurred. But I will do, it for no other reason than to learn.

Two day later,,,,, older Dell computers are weird, had farther issues lost computer connection two different OS's no connection,,,,, replace CMOS battery, problem fixed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”