Set custom resolution on FW900 CRT monitor.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ricenpea
Level 1
Level 1

Set custom resolution on FW900 CRT monitor.

Post by ricenpea »

Hi all,

I have this monitor connected from a TITAN X via DVI-I to VGA and have the correct drivers installed. I want to have a resolution of 1920x1200 85hz but this isn't available to choose. In windows I can easily add this resolution and works no issues but when I use CLI to add this mode i just get an error. Has anyone here successfully been able to add this resolution/refresh rate? the monitor shows as unknown so I assume the edid info isn't making it through to linux. This is the same in windows but I can still add the custom resolution without issue there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Set custom resolution on FW900 CRT monitor.

Post by SMG »

Welcome to the forum, ricenpea.

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware. Nvidia drivers can sometimes be a little slow to load and get loaded "out of order" with respect to X Server. It is possible that is causing an issue in this situation, but we would need to see some data to know if that might be the case.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Beginner Questions”