My external USB are not recognized

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Siegfried999
Level 1
Level 1

My external USB are not recognized

Post by Siegfried999 »

Hi everyone,

I’ve installed Linux Mint 19.1 since one year and I got no problem. And yesterday I do the daily update and now all my external USB are not recognized, only my keyboard and mouse are recognized. What’s going on ? is it the updates who have disabled something ?

Thanks
Bobby
Attachments
LinuxMint_Screenshot.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajgreeny
Level 7
Level 7

Re: My external USB are not recognized

Post by ajgreeny »

A new kernel was added in those upgrades. Try booting to the previous kernel from the grub menu and you may find that your USB devices work again.

This is very much a guess on my part as I have no idea if this problem has been seen by other users though I have seen no mention of this.
Siegfried999
Level 1
Level 1

Re: My external USB are not recognized

Post by Siegfried999 »

I changed to the previous kernel and the usb work now. Thanks ajgreeny for your help !

Bobby

Return to “Beginner Questions”