[SOLVED] Window list, or launcher? Open window icons missing on panel,

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ineuw
Level 5
Level 5

[SOLVED] Window list, or launcher? Open window icons missing on panel,

Post by ineuw »

In this latest version of LM Cinnamon 20.1 The left launcher next to the Menu button is a 'Windows list' applet, and the open windows' icons are no longer displayed on the panel. Also, after adding a launcher to the right side of the panel, apps I added and ended up on the Windows list/Launcher cannot be moved over to the new launcher.

Where can I find info on how to manage the changes?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English Edge - Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 French
Laptop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English - as of 24-04-15
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Window list, or launcher? Open window icons missing on panel,

Post by spamegg »

I don't quite understand what you mean, can you share some screenshots to show us?
ineuw
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Window list, or launcher? Open window icons missing on panel,

Post by ineuw »

spamegg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:40 am I don't quite understand what you mean, can you share some screenshots to show us?
Please don't blame yourself. My post was just as incomprehensible to me, even though everything written was experienced. I failed at recalling a years old previous experience and consult my notes. sudo apt install --reinstall cinnamon -y resolved the issue. Everything is as it should be. The panel was corrupt. My apologies.
Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English Edge - Desktop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 French
Laptop: Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3 English - as of 24-04-15
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: [SOLVED] Window list, or launcher? Open window icons missing on panel,

Post by spamegg »

No problems mate, glad you sorted it out!
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: [SOLVED] Window list, or launcher? Open window icons missing on panel,

Post by absque fenestris »

@ ineuw

I can well sympathize with you; as long as the panel behavior is not back in the classic mode and the icons are set to Mint-X, I feel like I'm sitting in front of a (self) broken system... :lol:

??? ---- Oh goddess, on November 13 we will celebrate five

Return to “Beginner Questions”