Play a custom sound alert for Facebook notifications

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
linux_rules
Level 4
Level 4

Play a custom sound alert for Facebook notifications

Post by linux_rules »

Hi,
I don't use a smartphone. I do my entire web browsing including Facebook on my desktop. When someone sends a message on Facebook I hear the default sound which Facebook offers but the sound is too short & too weak.

I found this addon >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ion-sound/ but it clearly says
This add-on is not actively monitored for security by Mozilla. Make sure you trust it before installing.
I am paranoid about security so I haven't installed that addon yet.

Any ideas about how I can achieve this ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Play a custom sound alert for Facebook notifications

Post by rickNS »

EDIT, sorry.
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200

Return to “Beginner Questions”