[Solved] After each boot no sound, set on wrong device.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

[Solved] After each boot no sound, set on wrong device.

Post by RemonK »

Last week i plugged a HDMI cable from my comp to a tv (for a day).
Since then i lose my sound after each boot. I have to set it manually from Digital Stereo (HDMI) output back to Analog Surround 7.1 output.
How can i set for always on Analog Surround?

Also the Analog Surround option says it is unplugged?? But it's not!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Het leven is net een kartbaan; Sensatie, adrenaline en veel te snel voorbij!
Joeptjoep - Feestboek
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: After each boot no sound, set on wrong device.

Post by AndyMH »

There may be something here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=350731
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK »

Only about how you can set it via script to another profile with pactl or pacmd. I know the commands. But i think making a patch script to cover a failure is not the correct way.
I dont like it that after a one time connecting a tv to my graphics card, my soundscard now suddenly cant remember what the previous default settings was, won't remember where i set it on before boot, and now shows the still plugged in connection as 'unplugged'!
I rather would like to know why it will not remember where i set it on.. why it suddenly force the sound to HDMI?!
Joeptjoep - Feestboek
RemonK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RemonK »

Solved.

Purged PulseAudio, removed etc/pulse, removed /home/user/.config/pulse and restored a timeshift backup.

But i wonder if the problems turns up again when i plug in the HDMI cable the next time??
Joeptjoep - Feestboek

Return to “Beginner Questions”