I get a few issue on Linux Mint 20.1. Maybe here anyone know why

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kurodark3
Level 1
Level 1

I get a few issue on Linux Mint 20.1. Maybe here anyone know why

Post by Kurodark3 »

Hi! i'm newbie and just using Linux Mint for 3 days. sorry for bad english

So, I have few issue using Linux Mint 20.1. :(

First, I just installing ePSXe and restarting my laptop, and it took time really long to start the OS.
Then, my laptop went to lock screen for unknown reason. No keyboard work, I tried to use on screen keyboard and freezing at that moment. I have no choice but use force shut down at the moment.

I got the same problem after doin' two force restart. I manage to turn of the screesaver, it still went into lock screen but I can type password using on screen keyboard still no keyboard functional even external keyboard. I also checked my CPU usage and my laptop get very high CPU usage (100% usage) and it went constant without using any apps.

Also check my second local disk and its gone (the partition is NTFS). The first thing I do is, disconnect my wifi connection then restart it. I did try recovery mode but don't understand and went back to normal boot and got freezing on booting.

I did force shutdown and restart the OS, and weirdly it start normally. But the task bar suddenly went uphead. I rechecked my laptop, the partition also back and the CPU went back constant to 11% each CPU.

Is this possible that my laptop infected by malware, or this is just bug? or this is maybe hardware or software issue?

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Re: I get a few issue on Linux Mint 20.1. Maybe here anyone know why

Post by spamegg »

Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxpmrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply
and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the
command between the code markers like this: [code]Results[/code].
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: I get a few issue on Linux Mint 20.1. Maybe here anyone know why

Post by Pierre »

Hi Kurodark3 ,
welcome to our forum.
:)

did your machine function okay, after your Installed the LinuxMint System ?
and before you Installed that ePSXe .. PlayStation video game console emulator ?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Beginner Questions”