Login screen split across 2 different monitors at different resolutions

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eotfofiw
Level 1
Level 1

Login screen split across 2 different monitors at different resolutions

Post by eotfofiw »

When I'm logged in, I have the laptop set to hidpi and doubled.
I have the external monitor (non hidpi) to fractional scaling, 100%.

This lines up nicely and works really well when I'm logged in.

When I am at the login screen however, the laptop gives me a login screen that fits. The external monitor has a login screen where the username and password are every so slightly off the screen where the resolution is off. Is there a way to apply the same settings to the login screen as I have when I'm logged in, so that the login screen is presentable on both displays?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Login screen split across 2 different monitors at different resolutions

Post by SMG »

In Cinnamon, there is a Login Window app. On the Settings tab there are options for which monitor to use and HiDPI support. Maybe changing something there will help your situation.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Beginner Questions”