Disable scrolling while zooming?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elmazz
Level 1
Level 1

Disable scrolling while zooming?

Post by elmazz »

Hey, is there a way to disable scrolling (for example when using a browser) while zooming (alt+mousewheel)? Whenever I want to zoom in on something, it's usually when using a browser. I use alt+mousewheel to zoom and the pages and videos on youtube just scroll down.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Disable scrolling while zooming?

Post by dorsetUK »

elmazz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:44 am Hey, is there a way to disable scrolling (for example when using a browser) while zooming (alt+mousewheel)? Whenever I want to zoom in on something, it's usually when using a browser. I use alt+mousewheel to zoom and the pages and videos on youtube just scroll down.
Hi elmazz

Ctrl+mousewheel works on 20.1 Cinnamon.

HTH
elmazz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by elmazz »

dorsetUK wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:15 pm
elmazz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:44 am Hey, is there a way to disable scrolling (for example when using a browser) while zooming (alt+mousewheel)? Whenever I want to zoom in on something, it's usually when using a browser. I use alt+mousewheel to zoom and the pages and videos on youtube just scroll down.
Hi elmazz

Ctrl+mousewheel works on 20.1 Cinnamon.

HTH
Sorry? Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly. I'm talking about the zoom in and out accessibility feature, which scrolls down the pages on the browser when using alt+mousewheel.
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dorsetUK »

elmazz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:40 pm Sorry? Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly. I'm talking about the zoom in and out accessibility feature, which scrolls down the pages on the browser when using alt+mousewheel.
Sorry, but on my set up, alt+mousewheel works like the 'back to the former page viewed' or 'forward to the newer page viewed'.

Edit: That's all in Firefox. If you mean in your file browser, then Cinnamon does the same. Which version of Mint are you using?
elmazz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by elmazz »

dorsetUK wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:35 pm
elmazz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:40 pm Sorry? Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly. I'm talking about the zoom in and out accessibility feature, which scrolls down the pages on the browser when using alt+mousewheel.
Sorry, but on my set up, alt+mousewheel works like the 'back to the former page viewed' or 'forward to the newer page viewed'.

Edit: That's all in Firefox. If you mean in your file browser, then Cinnamon does the same. Which version of Mint are you using?
Again, im not talking about browser zoom, im talking about linux mint zoom in and out feature, which can be used anywhere in the system.
elmazz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by elmazz »

So I guess it's not possible.
revmacian
Level 5
Level 5

Post by revmacian »

I use ALT+mousewheel to zoom and it works, and there is no scrolling of the page.. in Firefox or the system windows. I'm wondering if this is because of your mouse, I'm using a Logitech M570 and there is no scrolling when using alt+mousewheel to zoom. Or, perhaps the behavior you're experiencing is because of app/extensions you have installed?
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime.
US Navy, NEC HM8404

Return to “Beginner Questions”