File order

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
davidpcoleman
Level 1
Level 1

File order

Post by davidpcoleman »

It's not affecting anything, but it is just aggravating. If I go to my files and look in a directory, everything is in alphabetical order. If I go to post or upload something, it is in a random order making it hard to find the file I want. I have gone into files and clicked VIEW>ARRANGE ITEMS>BY NAME and still jumbled up. I am enclosing screen shots. What, if anything can be done to fix this? And I have the SHOW HIDDEN FILES box unchecked, but when going to upload, I can see the hidden system files, Like I said, doesn't affect operational, just aggravates,
First is what I see when I go to post, 2nd is a regular view will all in order and last is where the hidden files show.
file list.png
music.png
hidden.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”