Upgrading to BETA?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrHu

Re: Upgrading to BETA?

Post by DrHu »

RooieHoed wrote:Can I update/upgrade Mint to the Beta release? In Ubuntu 9.04 I have sound issues
..If not: When does the new version of Mint comes out?
In Ubuntu 9.04 I have sound issues
And do you have sound issues in Linux mint 7 (gloria) main edition (Mint's Gnome desktop)

When it is ready, and definitely not at the same time as Ubuntu releases their next version
--Mint does customize the Gnome look a fair bit, and it seems to me it looks better

In other words, I'd wait for Mint
If it is not listed in news or in the repositories, it's not ready/there yet..
Unless you think this is a deal breaker: a term I see popping up on the forums somewhat often, but usually from windows users who are just cruising on Linux Mint
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vrkalak

Re: Upgrading to BETA?

Post by vrkalak »

Seems to me, that all the people that are trying to "hack" LinuxMint-8 ... are only going to "bork" their system.
And then come crying and whining to the Mint Dev Team about it, when they do.

Patience ..
. :mrgreen:

Return to “Beginner Questions”