How to access the DVD menu in Celluloid?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Level 1
Level 1

How to access the DVD menu in Celluloid?

Post by 85122811739 »

- Hello!
- I use Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa.
- I am a newbie in the world of computers.
- When I put a DVD inside the PC, it opens automatically with Celluloid but no matter on which subtitles I click, they never show up. What should I do?
- Also it would be great to be able to access the DVD menu within Celluloid. Where is it? How to access it?
- Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How to access the DVD menu in Celluloid?

Post by dorsetUK »

85122811739 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:43 pm - Hello!
- I use Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa.
- I am a newbie in the world of computers.
- When I put a DVD inside the PC, it opens automatically with Celluloid but no matter on which subtitles I click, they never show up. What should I do?
- Also it would be great to be able to access the DVD menu within Celluloid. Where is it? How to access it?
- Thank you.
Hi 85122811739 and welcome to the Forum.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re describing but I’ve had problems with some DVDs in Celluloid.

Some open with no navigation buttons and just ‘play’, and some – particularly MASH – open and everyone’s speaking French. :shock:

Because of this I tried VLC, which is available from the Software Manager, and all play perfectly.

HTH.
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 85122811739 »

Thank you.
Because of this I tried VLC, which is available from the Software Manager, and all play perfectly.
Where is that "Software Manager"?
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RIH »

Click the Mint Logo in the bottom left hand corner of your screen & type "Software Manager" in the query box.
menu1.png
Enter VLC in the search box that appears when you click on the Software Manager App.
menu15.png
Select VLC & then install from the screen.
menu2.png
Personally I would select the first one - non flatpak.
Although the flatpak version will be a later one than the non-flatpak version it will take up considerably more space on your hard disk. So if you want a newer version & don't have a space issue, flatpak becomes an option..

Return to “Beginner Questions”