How to make notifications remain until I click them? 20.1 MATE

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rubin_Farr
Level 2
Level 2

How to make notifications remain until I click them? 20.1 MATE

Post by Rubin_Farr »

Hi all. I am trying to get my desktop pop-up notifications to remain until I am able to click/dismiss them. Right now they only stay visible for several seconds and then disappear. I do not see a way to adjust this in any way.

In the notifications applet I have with MATE, there are very few options - nothing to change duration of notifications.

I noticed when Googling that there seems to be options to do this with Cinnamon, however, I am using MATE and cannot find a way to do it. Any input is welcome.

I also saw something in the repository called NotifyOSD. I installed it but I can't see that it's working at all or see any way to configure it. The pop-ups still remain temporary.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”