[Mint 20.2] Chrome Remote Desktop disconnects after choosing session

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Stan4611
Level 2
Level 2

[Mint 20.2] Chrome Remote Desktop disconnects after choosing session

Post by Stan4611 »

Hello. I am trying to connect to my Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 uning Chrome Remote Desktop. The connection succeedes and I see a window in which I can choose which session to open.
Clipboard01.png
No matters which option I choose, the remote desktop goes black and then disconnects. Does anybody know what to do with it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Stan4611
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [Mint 20.2] Chrome Remote Desktop disconnects after choosing session

Post by Stan4611 »

Any ideas?
larxxor
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Mint 20.2] Chrome Remote Desktop disconnects after choosing session

Post by larxxor »

It seems to me that cinnamon/cinnamon2d and ChromeRemoteDesktop is a poor match.

When I try to install CRD, the service refuse to start an X session. I see this by inspecting syslog.
If I restart CRD service starts and gets an X session, but regular Desktop login does not work.

Some people gets around this with using a different Xsession in .chrome-remote-desktop-session
xfce4 or similar lightweight desktop manager.

I have yet to find an elegant solution.

Return to “Beginner Questions”