icon only taskbar

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grinner
Level 1
Level 1

icon only taskbar

Post by grinner »

hello to everyone
is there anyway to encrease size of tasbar in mint xfce i searched the internet there is an extention called docklike taskbar witch is not good
i tried disable "show botton labels in panel setting" but there are few issue
first icons are too smal and there is no option to increase the size
i can not preview the open window
if i have an app like telegram pinned to taskbar and i open it it will create a seperate icon witch is not efficient.
this image show you what im talking about
side note=i have another issue relative to windows mangement should i ask it here idt it worth a topic
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dave0808
Level 5
Level 5

Re: icon only taskbar

Post by dave0808 »

First, you can increase the size of the overall panel:-
Right click on the panel somewhere and hover over "Panel" and then click on the option for "Panel Preferences..."
Towards the bottom, you can change the "Row size" which will increase the height (in horizontal mode) and the icons (for launchers at least) will increase accordingly.

As you've seen, you can remove the labels for minimized windows, which makes their icons bigger than they were, but not as large as the panel. Maybe someone else knows how to do this.

Not sure what you mean by window preview as for some reason the image you added doesn't load for me. However, if you go to the settings app, choose Window Manager, and click on the Advanced tab, you can choose whether the contents of windows are hidden during move/resize. In addition, from the settings, you can choose "Window Manager Tweaks", click on the "Compositor" tab, and there is an option to "Show windows preview in place of icons when cycling".
grinner
Level 1
Level 1

Re: icon only taskbar

Post by grinner »

dave0808 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:33 am First, you can increase the size of the overall panel:-
Right click on the panel somewhere and hover over "Panel" and then click on the option for "Panel Preferences..."
Towards the bottom, you can change the "Row size" which will increase the height (in horizontal mode) and the icons (for launchers at least) will increase accordingly.

As you've seen, you can remove the labels for minimized windows, which makes their icons bigger than they were, but not as large as the panel. Maybe someone else knows how to do this.

Not sure what you mean by window preview as for some reason the image you added doesn't load for me. However, if you go to the settings app, choose Window Manager, and click on the Advanced tab, you can choose whether the contents of windows are hidden during move/resize. In addition, from the settings, you can choose "Window Manager Tweaks", click on the "Compositor" tab, and there is an option to "Show windows preview in place of icons when cycling".
Thanks a lot for the time this solved the issue
window preview means when I hover my mouse over the open app icon, it shows a small thumbnail of its screen

Return to “Beginner Questions”