910 is the pits... Mint is better...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Dragonspirit
Level 2
Level 2

Re: 910 is the pits... Mint is better...

Post by Dragonspirit »

Ok.. here's one thing I'm so upset about with 910... I downloaded Mint-8 image CD, and installed it to a scraper spare hd, for testing...
I added my thousand pix to Home Files.. opened them, selected all, moved them to background, picked one for desktop background, rebooted, and now there's only one pix in background, and the pix file has vanished from Home Flies... 910 is still just pain in the brain, even with the Mint touch... The only option I'm left with is to pull that hd, and install a Mint-7 hd.. and just forget about Mint-8 till they gets it right...

plutus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by plutus »

Lantesh wrote:
plutus wrote:well, I reply at my own posted: However, I prefer the style of the new ubuntu, Mint is becoming quite repetitive...
I know I shouldn't drag on this obviously ridiculous thread, but I'll bite here. Style?...really? Just change the theme. Pick one of the two distros, and change the theme. :roll:
it's obvious you can change the theme and adjust it to your taste. I just complain about the fact that ubuntu has much changed in the years, while Mint seems always the same even if much has changed. Lack of fantasy?

lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lagagnon »

plutus wrote:I just complain about the fact that ubuntu has much changed in the years, while Mint seems always the same even if much has changed. Lack of fantasy?
Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "Mint seems always the same even if much has changed". I don't understand that statement.

ScottishGirl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ScottishGirl »

Karmic Koala is great, I am really pleased with it.

plutus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by plutus »

lagagnon wrote:
plutus wrote:I just complain about the fact that ubuntu has much changed in the years, while Mint seems always the same even if much has changed. Lack of fantasy?
Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "Mint seems always the same even if much has changed". I don't understand that statement.

I mean that the "skin" is always quite the same (compare elyssa, gloria, helena..) while, of course, under this skin (that you can modifiy, ok!) much has changed.

Return to “Newbie Questions”