Mint 20 xfce Mic doesn't works

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ECC
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 20 xfce Mic doesn't works

Post by ECC »

Hi, i've been using Mint since a couple of days ago and it works great, but I have an issue with my microphone, I already tried most of the solutions I found in the forum.

Pulse Audio detects my mic, but when I try to use it, just doesn't works, people can't hear me, I tried with Telegram, Discord and Firefox, anyone can help me? Just don't want to go back to windows.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ThaCrip
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint 20 xfce Mic doesn't works

Post by ThaCrip »

I am just guesstimating here since I don't have my mic connected. but did you right click the 'Sound' and see if the 'Mute input' is enabled/disabled?

also, I looked around online and this might be even a better option... left click the sound, then 'sound settings', then 'Input' and increase from 0% to maybe 50% or whatever works well for you.

p.s. I am on Cinnamon at the moment, I got Xfce on my two backup machines, but what I said above might get you in the ball park.
MainPC: i5-3550 (undervolted by -0.120v (CPU runs 12c cooler) /w stock i3-2120 hs/fan) | 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Backups: AMD E-300 CPU (8GB RAM) / Athlon X2 3600+ CPU (@2.3GHz@1.35v) (4GB RAM) | All /w Mint 21.x-Xfce
ECC
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 20 xfce Mic doesn't works

Post by ECC »

Hi, thanks for response, I check the volume and everything looks fine, also, I could make it works in apps like Discord or some voice record webpages, but now my voice sounds like a robot, in Telegram still not working, and Telegram doesn't have microphone config options.

Return to “Beginner Questions”