[Solved] How to delete a root file?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shuvashish76
Level 2
Level 2

[Solved] How to delete a root file?

Post by shuvashish76 »

While searching "How to enable dark mode in calibre" (https://askubuntu.com/questions/1053497 ... ook-viewer) I created a file mistakenly in /etc/profile.d
calibre.sh.save
calibre.sh.save
under the name of calibre.sh.save
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (19.67 KiB) Viewed 571 times
How to delete this file using terminal?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
opensource enthusiast & chess player
shuvashish76
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to delete a root file?

Post by shuvashish76 »

nvm, I deleted the file.

Code: Select all

sudo rm /etc/profile.d/calibre.sh.save
sodo= super user
rm= remove operation
got it :)
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Re: [Solved] How to delete a root file?

Post by motoryzen »

Crap..LOL. someone beat me again! :D

But THIS is why I love this site and have no problem advertising it on Youtube to encourage Windows users to switch to Linux Mint. There is always someone here ready to tackle a problem like a PRO Tight end or in-great-shape Linebacker like white on rice, black on chocolate, and red on salsa.

*nods humbly to shuvashish76 *
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
shuvashish76
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shuvashish76 »

motoryzen wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:12 am Crap..LOL. someone beat me again! :D

But THIS is why I love this site and have no problem advertising it on Youtube to encourage Windows users to switch to Linux Mint. There is always someone here ready to tackle a problem like a PRO Tight end or in-great-shape Linebacker like white on rice, black on chocolate, and red on salsa.

*nods humbly to shuvashish76 *
😅 New to linux, not even learned basic linux operations. But learning linux is fun. So far linux is giving me best experience:D thanx for trying to reach me ❤️
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Post by motoryzen »

Congrats on solving your problem :)

Indeed it is fun. Liberating also.
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

shuvashish76 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 am 😅 New to linux, not even learned basic linux operations. But learning linux is fun. So far linux is giving me best experience:D thanx for trying to reach me ❤️
Better than that, I saw that you assisted someone with the knowledge you had gained so far. You deserve applause for giving back like that.

<APPLAUSE>
shuvashish76
Level 2
Level 2

Post by shuvashish76 »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:40 am
shuvashish76 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 am 😅 New to linux, not even learned basic linux operations. But learning linux is fun. So far linux is giving me best experience:D thanx for trying to reach me ❤️
Better than that, I saw that you assisted someone with the knowledge you had gained so far. You deserve applause for giving back like that.

<APPLAUSE>
Everyone is volunteer here. 🙏🏿 Helping others in some particular time constraints is not mandatory but no harm in helping back others in our free time :D
Ill try to help if I see a beginner friendly non-technical topic (though I'm not active like other experienced members here).
But once I get experienced in linux in maybe 4-5 years, Ill daily visit & try to help atleast 1 thread perday :) Sharing is caring.

Return to “Beginner Questions”