Linux printers

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
milespetra

Linux printers

Post by milespetra »

I am looking for a printer that is compatible with the Linux operating system. I am looking specifically for an all-in-one, thanks, cost of ink is a factor.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lantesh

Re: Linux printers

Post by Lantesh »

HP, HP and HP. If you don't like any of those take a look at HP. 8)
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Lantesh wrote:HP, HP and HP. If you don't like any of those take a look at HP. 8)
And make sure you get a CIS (continuous ink system) for it then refills will cost as little as possible,
Last edited by 900i on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
pekabe

Post by pekabe »

I prefer Brother. In the past I had a cheap HP PSC1110 which worked fine, but ink is very expensive (once I heard that the most expensive liquid of the world is HP ink: 16.000 Euros per litre! But I didn't investigate in that...).
Now I have an also very cheap Brother All-in-one DCP-135C, which has 4 separate ink cartridges available for a few Euros.
The Linux support - at least for the DCP-135C - is great, for other printers take a look at the Brother website.
Dean

Post by Dean »

brother, hp and the older lexmark printers. I have used all three, and the only things that don't work are the newer lexmark. Of course results may vary.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I see most have said HP
Well and good!

However Samsung and others are also pretty good, (not Lexmark)
--at good prices, if that is an issue..

I always prefer lasers, except for color; which isn't necessary for most correspondance..
--so laser all-ones are good; scanner support is sometimes an issue with these types of printer/scanner/copier combinations in Linux..
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

I just got my Lexmark X1170 all-in-one working by following this :-

http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtop ... f=7&t=3782

which in itself was pinched from :-

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... ight=X1150

:D
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Beginner Questions”