Sound Scheme - Dual Monitors and Headset

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ajms
Level 1
Level 1

Sound Scheme - Dual Monitors and Headset

Post by ajms »

Hi!

I recently migrated from Windows to Linux Mint. I can say that Linux Mint is amazing! The only thing I'm having trouble with is the sound. I will explain in detail:

I have two monitors, one is 24 inch with sound via p2 plug, the other is a 29 inch with sound via speaker. On output devices, it looks like this to me:

The name is in PT-BR:
SPDIF - it is useless
"Saida de linha" - headset on back computer input

Here comes the problem ... The monitor that has a speaker is sometimes called: "HDMI / Display Port 2" and another time is just called: ""HDMI / Display Port" - wihtout the "2" in the name. How do I know this? Because sometimes for the sound to come out on it, I have to keep changing it until I realize it's coming out, and when the sound comes out, its name is always different.

My question is: is there any way to completely disable the sound of the monitor with 24¨ (via p2 plug) so that the only monitor that appeared was the one that actually has a speaker?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”