About restoring Linux

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CygXanadu
Level 3
Level 3

About restoring Linux

Post by CygXanadu »

I have reinstalled Linux but do not want to reinstall everything, when I use the restore feature do I have to use the same username?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: About restoring Linux

Post by deepakdeshp »

What method do you use to backup and restore? What are you trying to do? Need more details to help you.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Jimmy77 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:24 am Timeshift restore feature when you have saved snapshots on external drive will not work if you have reinstalled.
Yes, it can work if the snapshot was saved on an external drive. If the home directory was not saved as part of the snapshot, which is usually not the case and where many configuration files are located, those files would need to be restored separately.

The original poster has not provided any information about what software they want to use for restoring. We need more information to be able to help.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

I use Clonezilla to clone by OS install . It works well. Only thing the program uses keyboard navigation , mouse support isnt available.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Moderator Note: Redundant posts have been removed from the topic.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Beginner Questions”