(SOLVED) Sys mon on top

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jstich
Level 4
Level 4

(SOLVED) Sys mon on top

Post by jstich »

Hello is there a way to have system monitor on top of other windows unless I minimize or close it like you can do in windows task manager? Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 21.2 64bit,i7 4770, RX570 8GB VRAM,16GB RAM, , Asus G74sx laptop with Mint 21.2
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Sys mon on top

Post by rene »

Replying from a tablet so pardon vagueness as I can't check right now but this is apparently relatively current; https://www.linuxuprising.com/2020/12/h ... oggle.html

Note that the keyboard shortcut thing need not be the point; just that all window managers seem to provide for it in the windows options menu (top-left button in window for most window managers)
jstich
Level 4
Level 4

Re: (SOLVED) Sys mon on top

Post by jstich »

You are making my day Rene! :D On my cinnamon desktop I hit alt and space and that brings up the window to put it on top always.Pressing alt space and t does nothing except bring up the menu to set it to always on top. Thank You!
Mint 21.2 64bit,i7 4770, RX570 8GB VRAM,16GB RAM, , Asus G74sx laptop with Mint 21.2

Return to “Beginner Questions”