Headphone Jack Problems[SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrGrizzly
Level 1
Level 1

Headphone Jack Problems[SOLVED]

Post by MrGrizzly »

So i recently installed Linux mint 20.2 Cinnamon and everything is working fine but i encountered a problem, my main headphones are USB and work perfectly well but when i try to connect my JBL GO 2 speaker via Jack 3.5 mm there is no sound.
The speaker is not detected in sound settings nor in alsamixer, and yes it works on other devices.
Any ideas ? MB is AsRock B450 Tomahawk
Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
djph
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Headphone Jack Problems

Post by djph »

Hooking up a speaker to the 3.5mm jacks won't display a new sound device.

You'll have to select whatever the normal analog soundcard is (e.g. ac97 codec / snd-hda-intel / whatever it displays as)
MrGrizzly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MrGrizzly »

ok and what are terminal comands for that ? can you be more specific in the steps please ?
djph
Level 7
Level 7

Post by djph »

Sorry - would be whatever the normal analog output device (as seen in pulse audio / sound control / whatever it's titled nowadays). No terminal necessary
MrGrizzly
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MrGrizzly »

I figured it out, i entered pulse audio, configuration and i found the profile starship, Matisse HD Audio Controler and turned it on
On this note thanks a lot for the help
initrd
Level 1
Level 1

Post by initrd »

Do not forget to set the topic title to [solved]

Return to “Beginner Questions”