[SOLVED]Environment.d

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flyingdragon
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED]Environment.d

Post by flyingdragon »

Question i found out that apps have problems with the path settings. I found out that environment.d is empty and i read that here the path config shoud be stored so what happens and how to restore this. Linux Mint 20.2 X64
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Environment.d

Post by rene »

/etc/profile.d or /etc/profile directly is in fact the more usual location for system-wide PATH adjustments, but chances are best that you need and should not anyway. You should be more descriptive as to "apps having problems with"; which applications, what problems. Correct advise can otherwise not be given.
flyingdragon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flyingdragon »

Hi thanks for the respons. I will try to get the errors and will post them.
flyingdragon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flyingdragon »

Hi here is 1 example something is really wrong:

Can't find firejail-default in the system path list. If the name of the application
is correct, please run 'which firejail-default' as a user with correct PATH
environment set up in order to find the fully-qualified path and
use the full path as parameter.

Linux Mint Mate 20.02 X64
vanadium
Level 4
Level 4

Post by vanadium »

You have a problem, but you ask about very specific details where you think is the solution. We call this an XY problem. Real problem is X, you ask about Y, and it becomes very difficult to provide any sensible help.

Why don't you check the output of 'which firejail-default'? Why don't you check your current path with 'echo $PATH'? If there is something strange there, then indeed something happened to your system, and you can then start looking, eventually with the help of the forum, to eventually find the problem. Mind: we are not at your computer.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

As to specifics, well, yes, basically, "what he said". Perhaps as general information this is useful: https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... ndbox.html
flyingdragon
Level 1
Level 1

SOLVED Re: Environment.d

Post by flyingdragon »

Thanks for the help. I have done an fresh install of Linux Mint 20.2 Mate X64 everything working now. I have already set made an backup for Linux Mint in case new errors occur. This ticket can be closed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”