Disable keyboard backlight

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Feysl
Level 1
Level 1

Disable keyboard backlight

Post by Feysl »

Guys, please tell me how to turn off the keyboard backlight on the asus g731 laptop. The hotkey that does this on Windows (fn + down arrow) does not work in linux mint. I have 2 operating systems and I noticed that if I first boot to Windows (the backlight is already disabled there), and then boot into linux mint, the keyboard is not highlighted. But every time I would not like to do this) I will be glad to help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Disable keyboard backlight

Post by mikeflan »

Howdy. Welcome to the forum.
Keyboard backlight issues can be hard to track down when they occur. Until someone with knowledge of this comes along, see if you get any ideas from this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=287190
Feysl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Feysl »

there we are talking about Clevo laptops, is the Clevo repository suitable for Asus? and will the settings be the same
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

I don't know. Might be best to wait for better help, unless you are running Timeshift and know how to use it.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Feysl wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:25 am Guys, please tell me how to turn off the keyboard backlight on the asus g731 laptop.
Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.

A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Beginner Questions”