Timeshift malfunction

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ErnestLaughway
Level 1
Level 1

Timeshift malfunction

Post by ErnestLaughway »

Half the times I use timeshift to manually create or delete a snapshot during the process it simply closes. It simply disappears. No messages, no system errors. This does not happen with any other application and the system seems to run fine. I have Mint Mate 20.2 My computer is HP Notebook 15-db1021nv
Till now I have not done any restoration so I can't tell if there is a problem with the snapshots.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deck_luck
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Timeshift malfunction

Post by deck_luck »

Try reviewing the TimeShift logs. Click the Menu at the top right then select View TimeShift Logs.
🐧Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE (UEFI - Secure Boot Enabled) dual boot with Windows 11

Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️

Return to “Beginner Questions”