Firefox corrupt ?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vilsen
Level 5
Level 5

Firefox corrupt ?

Post by Vilsen »

I have a problem and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to solve the problem:

I use Firefox exclusively as a web browser and now there have been strange "behaviors"
in the Firefox that is present in a login other than the usual daily where everything is as it should be.

My question is: Can you uninstall the Firefox that is in my second login
and then reinstall it so that you get a fresh unpolluted version again?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BashBasher
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox corrupt ?

Post by BashBasher »

You can manage (delete, create new ones, etc.) Firefox profiles with the following command:

firefox -ProfileManager

You can launch different profiles you have created with:

firefox -P name_of_profile

More commands:

man firefox

Hope this helps.
vanadium
Level 4
Level 4

Post by vanadium »

In addition to the info given above, you can go to Help - Troubleshooting information, where you can clear the cache, refresh the profile, etc.
Vilsen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Vilsen »

I came up with a much much faster way:

I created a new USER and logged in there.

Then everything was clean and nice again.

Return to “Beginner Questions”