1 Firefox won't start from a bash script unless I choose "Run" instead of "Run in Terminal"

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Grendel1
Level 1
Level 1

1 Firefox won't start from a bash script unless I choose "Run" instead of "Run in Terminal"

Post by Grendel1 »

Linux Mint 20.1

I have a bash script I run that accepts text entry, performs some other actions and then launches firefox.

The problem is launching firefox doesn't start unless the script is is run with "Run"...of course then I don't get a terminal window to enter text for a password so this isn't a useful combination.

I am running firefox with "firefox &" because I want the script to continue after it starts. But this options seems to be part of the problem since it works if its removed. (of course then the script blocks and the terminal window remains open until firefox is closed)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vimes666
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 1 Firefox won't start from a bash script unless I choose "Run" instead of "Run in Terminal"

Post by vimes666 »

Its hard to tell without seeing the script.
If you think the issue is solved, edit your original post and add the word solved to the title.

Return to “Beginner Questions”