LinuxScript

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bachcole
Level 4
Level 4

LinuxScript

Post by bachcole »

Is there a LinuxScript, a website scripting language that would embed into HTML like JavaScript.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LinuxScript

Post by xenopeek »

A website scripting language that you can embed in HTML? That is what JavaScript is, that works on any OS with a modern web browser. Also Linux.

Or else give more context and detail what you're trying to find that is not JavaScript, what you want to do with it.
bachcole
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bachcole »

I am studying JavaScript. Forget I asked about LinuxScript. That was sort of stupid.

How about ForthScript? I am an expert at Forth. It would be so much easier for me if there were a ForthScript.
ralplpcr
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ralplpcr »

There is the GForth GNU Forth Language Environment available within the Mint repositories? I honestly don't know much about it, but you may wish to fire up your software manager and take a look. Just type forth in the search field, and you should see several results.
A quick Google search also shows that there is an 8l/ff Forth for Linux, as well as a zForth project. Maybe one of those will meet your needs?
bachcole
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bachcole »

Thank you.

Return to “Beginner Questions”