[XFCE & Cinnamon] Mint 20.2, Dark Theme (Mint-Y-Dark-#): text overlapping when renaming entries in certain interfaces

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robert_ramos
Level 1
Level 1

[XFCE & Cinnamon] Mint 20.2, Dark Theme (Mint-Y-Dark-#): text overlapping when renaming entries in certain interfaces

Post by robert_ramos »

Hi.

I've been using Linux Mint for over a year now, and this is a recurrent issue I've been dealing with. I've used both Cinnamon and XFCE, and this issue is present on both of these DEs. I have an image attached to this post which explains perfectly what I wrote in the title. What is also strange is that the GTK2 style in Qt5 Config. Tool seems to have the same problem (ref. second attached image).

This exact same issue has been detailed in this thread, while this thread shows that this issue is persistent even with different themes.

As stated in the first thread I linked, none of these issues exist in the default theme for Linux Mint. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Img3.png
Img2.png
Img1.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: [XFCE & Cinnamon] Mint 20.2, Dark Theme (Mint-Y-Dark-#): text overlapping when renaming entries in certain interface

Post by SMG »

robert_ramos wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:19 pmWhat is also strange is that the GTK2 style in Qt5 Config. Tool seems to have the same problem (ref. second attached image).
What text is overlapping in the middle image? I do not see the issues the other two screenshots show.
robert_ramos wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:19 pmThis exact same issue has been detailed in this thread, while this thread shows that this issue is persistent even with different themes.
The second link has a post which indicates "Yep Oracle have broken the gtk theme integration in Vbox 6. ", so that does not sound like a Mint issue.

I can see the third image is the Okular. It is a KDE app. The first thread you linked did mention that apps developed for Plasma may have issue working on a Gnome-based desktop.

What is the app in the first image?
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Beginner Questions”