Make disk part bigger

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
batyok32
Level 1
Level 1

Make disk part bigger

Post by batyok32 »

Hi
I have dual boot laptop
Windows 10 with Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon both of them are in one disk
I have in sda6(Linux) part 40gb i want to make it 100gb and i searched about it a lot
but didnt found how to solve my problem
My problem is when i reduce sda1 and by that make bigger my linux part it gives it cant do that because it is not near that
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Make disk part bigger

Post by Larry78723 »

Looking at the second screenshot, you could move sda1 to the right which would give you unallocated space to expand sda6 into. Be advised that moving a partition can take a long time.

Probably the faster method would be to backup your personal data in /home/username to external media then reinstall in the unallocated space and restore your personal data.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.

Return to “Beginner Questions”