Weirdness typing on Facebook

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bachcole
Level 4
Level 4

Weirdness typing on Facebook

Post by bachcole »

I am getting very weird character issues on Facebook, but it only started happening when I switched to Linux Mint 20. So I wanted to see if other people have had the same experience. Each line below will be one press of a capital level, starting with 'A'. The vertical line represent the cursor.

|A................................Notice that the cursor is behind the A
|A................................Notice no B
C|A.............................Notice that the cursor is ahead of the C (where it is supposed to be) but still behind the A.
CD|A...........................It will continue like this, always with the cursor 'pushing' the A ahead of it and the B never showing up.

If I start with two spaces, then everything works fine.

I am on only two social forums, Facebook and Reddit. Strange things are also happening on Reddit. I try to log in with my usual handle, and it forces me to another handle and says that I haven't logged into Reddit with my usual handle for 4 years.

I am completely radical when it comes to health care. Perhaps someone doesn't like that. I don't know. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what is going on. Has anyone else seen weird things like a drunken cursor as described above.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”