systemrescuecd

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jc1
Level 1
Level 1

systemrescuecd

Post by jc1 »

I'm setting up SystemRescueCD on a USB drive.

Is there a way I can also install Linux Mint on it and other utilities/software, or would that have to be done on a separate USB drive? Can I set up this external Linux Mint boot disk to have additional software packages pre-installed so I can install things even without an Internet connection? How would I do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
t42
Level 11
Level 11

Re: systemrescuecd

Post by t42 »

Ventoy is a tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO and other images.
Download Ventoy
-=t42=-
jc1
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jc1 »

@t42, OK, but can I pre-install other software on it? I basically want everything in SystemRescueCD plus Linux Mint.
t42
Level 11
Level 11

Post by t42 »

-=t42=-
t42
Level 11
Level 11

Post by t42 »

Also mkusb

YUMI is a Windows tool compatible with SystemRescue CD and Mint and fairly easy to setup. You can copy additional files on USB as well.
-=t42=-

Return to “Beginner Questions”