Mouse Settings

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rodrigo_rmartins
Level 1
Level 1

Mouse Settings

Post by rodrigo_rmartins »

Hey... I'm new to Linux... sorry if the question is really stupid.

I installed Linux Mint and I just changed my mouse, but the sensitivity is very high. I'm trying to open the Mouse and Touchpad settings but it's not opening. I tried rebooting my pc and nothing.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I googled a lot and I couldn't find any answer to this issue.

Thank you,
Rodrigo.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mouse Settings

Post by GELvdH »

No it isn't stupid.
Which version of LM are you running.
Cut and Paste the following script into the Terminal window.
inxi -Fxxxzr
cut and paste the results into your next posting so that we can see what you have.
kato181
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Mouse Settings

Post by kato181 »

As HELvdH has stated we need info off you with regards to the system and desktop you are using.
I will go on on a limb and assume you are using Cinnamon 20.2
To adjust the mouse sensitivity go to..
Menu-->preferences-->mouse and touchpad-->mouse tab-->pointer size and speed-->enable the Custom sensitivity slide then adjust the sensitivity on it

Return to “Beginner Questions”