adding fonts

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jpatt
Level 1
Level 1

adding fonts

Post by jpatt »

I want to add mscorefonts. I followed a youtube video instruction. ie. In the terminal I typed sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer(enter) but it did not work. I then went to Software Manager found a app to install mscorefonts so I downloaded that but when I go to all applications it is not there. What am I doing wrong? I'm running Xfce.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: adding fonts

Post by xenopeek »

jpatt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:17 pmIn the terminal I typed sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer(enter) but it did not work.
Why not? It must have told you something why it can't install it. What did apt-get say?
jpatt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:17 pmI then went to Software Manager found a app to install mscorefonts so I downloaded that but when I go to all applications it is not there.
Fonts aren't applications, they won't be shown in your menu. The package downloads and installs the fonts at the time you install the package.
Michael_Hathaway
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Michael_Hathaway »

I have had the same issue when installing ms core fonts from the terminal. The problem I had was that for some reason the Microsoft eula software agreement template didn't load and I was not able to select the agree button. I had to run it a few times to get it to load.

If you go to "Fonts" (not Font selection) in your menu, you can see all of the fonts that are loaded on your system. I look for Times New Roman to be there.

Last edited by Michael_Hathaway on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enterprise Dual Xeon 8081 (112) @3.8Ghz, 16TB NVMe Raid, 387Gb ECC, AMD Pro W7700 16Gb
Debian Support. Deb 12/13 Trixie 6.7.9
gittiest personITW
Level 12
Level 12

Post by gittiest personITW »

Seems to be a common ask at the moment.
Try here:

https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... html#ID1.8
jpatt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: adding fonts SOLVED

Post by jpatt »

Thanks gittiest personITW
the instruction in the link was easy and worked great.

Return to “Beginner Questions”