cat /proc/asound/Audio/stream0 | grep Momentary

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
janivee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by janivee »

Mint 20.2

Code: Select all

Is it true that above command will show what computer (ALSA) is actually sending to a separate DAC?

I have a PC with an optical SPDIF from motherboard to the separete DAC (it upsamples from 44100/16 to 96000/24; TubeMagic D1 DAC).
I have also a USB connection to that same DAC. I can choose between those, all ok so far.

But I don't seem to get 44100hz resolution to the DAC?
Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x30.0000) this stays same, what ever I do.

Code: Select all

pacmd list-sinks | grep "sample spec"
This value changes (with optical connection) depending what music player shows, but "momentary" still stays at 48000hz (even this shows 96000).
With USB both will stay at 48000hz. I don't seem to get a differences using ALSA or PulseAudio from the settings with DeaDBeeF or Audacious.

I don't seem to get any differences, even I try to change multiple configuration files. Probably I am changing wrong files or with wrong commands...

So my question in short is: who is resampling everything to 48000hz before my DAC and how do I change that?
Or is that "Momentary" information wrong somehow?

I would like to get my ripped cd's (44100/16) digitally to my DAC without PC (dmix?) resampling them first to 48000hz.

Obviously I would like to use PulseAudio alone or with ALSA (not only ALSA); and Pipewire in the future.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”